This is a basic outline of the prophecy from Daniel 9 That predicted when Jesus would visit earth to pay for the sins of the world.
The dates are rounded off for your convenience. Never the less Jesus fulfilling this date proves He is the Messiah and shows the infallibility of the scriptures.
The bibles ability to predict the future separates itself from all other so called writings about God. And shows that it's Gods only true source of "special revelation" to mankind.
Isaiah 42:9 Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them."
Prophecy given to Daniel in chapter 9:24-27
1) Seventy [weeks] “seven’s” (Heptads)
70x7=490 years for the Messiah. vs.24
2) Seven + sixty two “seven’s” from decree to rebuild Jerusalem and it’s wall until the death of Messiah. Vs.25
3) Decree to rebuild Jerusalem 444 or 445 BC (Nehemiah 2:8).
4) Jesus was 33 years old when He was crucified. 444+33=477
5) There 5 days difference between the solar calendar we use today and the lunar calendar they used, so we need to add 5 days to each year. 477x5=2385 days difference.
6) Divide the 2385 day’s by our 365 days in a year to come up with 6.5 years.
7) Add 6 years to the 477 years, 477+6=483 years.
Compare # 7 to # 2. Prophecy of the coming of messiah was fulfilled by Jesus.
8) There are 7 years left in the prophecy yet to be fulfilled. This is the 7 year Great Tribulation period. 490-483=7
Daniel 9:27 shows the tribulation 7 years.
Please email to me if you have any questions. Thanks Steve